Watch Colin Cowherd release his Week 8 NFL ‘Herd Hierarchy’, with Colin counting down his rankings of the top 10 teams heading into Week 9.
10. Los Angeles Chargers (4-4, Last Week: Unranked): "They're tied for the best turnover-differential in the league, +9. They never turn it over, just six giveaways all year. Herbert doesn't throw picks or fumble. They don't turn it over, have three guys who can rush the passer, they've got an elite quarterback, I don't always love the coach, but I'm sorry, I'm putting them at ten."
9. Seattle Seahawks (5-3, Last Week: 9): “I don't know what to do with Seattle. They're one of three teams with a winning record and a negative point-differential. I trust Pete, I like their run-game, they get after the passer, but they've had 8 turnovers their last 4 games, and Geno Smith has a ceiling."
8. Dallas Cowboys (5-3, Last Week: 8): “They out-gained the Eagles in the fourth quarter 163-14. They match up with Philadelphia they're just not as good at quarterback, and not as clever at coach. 29th ranked red zone offense this year, THEY MISS KELLEN MOORE, PERIOD. Dak is playing well, three straight games with a passer rating over 100."
7. Detroit Lions (6-2, Last Week: 6): "I'd take Detroit over Dallas because they have the number two ranked offense and they're better in the red zone. Jared Goff has one or fewer turnovers in every game this season. I would take Detroit if they played Dallas in the playoffs because their o-line would hold off Lawrence and Micah Parsons."
6. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-2, Last Week: 5): “11-2 over their last 13 games. They lead the NFL in takeaways. They do what good teams do: offensive coach, quarterback who can be a playmaker, they can run the ball, they've got semi-star playmakers, and they take the ball away. They've held opponents under 20 in four of the last five games."
5. San Francisco 49ers (5-3, Last Week: 7): “If Trent Williams plays they're fine, but they're 3-6 without their left tackle, and Brock Purdy is not a guy who can overcome that. Their defense is starting to show holes -- Steve Wilks is not DeMeco Ryans, that's why they went and got Chase Young."
4. Philadelphia Eagles (8-1, Last Week: 2): "Jalen Hurts is terrific, stop doubting him, but this schedule is ugly... At the Chiefs, Bills, Niners, at the Cowboys. They're going to have some bumps here and are going to lose some games over the next month, but I love their creativity, their o-line/d-line play, and AJ Brown is mostly unguardable."
3.Cincinnati Bengals (5-3, Last Week: 3): "Joe Burrow is 5-1 all-time vs. Mahomes and Allen. If you asked Andy Reid privately, THIS is the team he doesn't want to play. Pass rush, weapons, and Burrow is filthy. They lead the NFL in turnover-differential and never give the ball away once it gets to October."
2. Kansas City Chiefs (7-2, Last Week: 4) "Kansas City's first half [vs. Miami] was, to me, the best half of football of any team in the league this year. They woke up in a pissy mood and STOMPED Miami, it was great. BUT they couldn't put them away. Why? Because they're not going to be able to, it's just an average receiving corps. It will evolve but it's not the kind of Kansas City that can come from behind 21-0 in the third quarter."
1. Baltimore Ravens (7-2, Last Week: 1): "I've had Baltimore at one for a month, I think they're special. I like everything about them: pass rush, coaching, depth, Lamar, 4-1 against winning teams... There's nothing I don't like about Baltimore."
Dropped from rankings: Dolphins #10